Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bruce slips and slides




Bruce took the boys out for a quick bike ride. It is still nice and muddy out there from all the rain last week, and it was to tempting to pass up! The plan was ride, then come home get cleaned up, and go to the Temple to do sealings and dinner to celebrate our anniversary! Soon Brandon comes in white faced and says, "Mom, dad needs you!" He crashed and broke his collar bone... I took off back to the house, (I was at the Martineaus, we were making bread with the little kids). I walked in and Bruce looked like a ghost... I thought, oh boy, here we go again! So here we are almost Christmas with Bruce is beat up, again (reminds me of somehting...oh yes, last Christmas)!
Here are the x-rays! We don't know how they will put humpty back together again, yet, but we will find out tomorrow when we take him to the ortho. Right now he is doped up on pain killers, with instructions to move as little as possible so none of those bones that are poking up in his skin go through the skin or into his lung! It looks pretty nasty, and hurts pretty good when he moves around! He is very sweet on his pain killers and keeps telling me he loves me! Ahh shucks, I still love him too, even if our anniversary dinner consisted of BBQ chips and Sun Chips I bought from the vending machine at the hospital! It will be one for the memory books.

2 comments:

Shauna Leavitt said...

That looks extremely painful!! I hope Bruce feels better soon.

A mother heart said...

What a bummer! Hope you heal quickly!

Stevens Family- We love our family















Lo,children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalms 127:3