Monday, October 17, 2011

I love to see the temple

This is one of my favorite temples. When I was 9 or 10 years old and living in Enterprise, UT my Grandmother Rose came to visit us from California. She flew into the St. George airport, and my mom and I drove down to pick her up. We stopped by the St. George temple visitors center before driving home and I vividly remember looking up at this temple. I recall feeling that it was so white and bright that it hurt my eyes to look at it. This is the first time I recall deciding that I wanted to go inside there someday. It is a feeling that stuck with me, and remains with me even now. Since that time almost 30 years ago, I have been inside that temple and several others, and I returned many times. I am always impressed at the beautiful exterior, but more awed at the beauty within those white walls. I am daily grateful for the impact that bright white temple had on the heart and spirit of that 10 year old girl.


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Stevens Family- We love our family















Lo,children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalms 127:3