Well, last week during stake conference Zaidee was quietly coloring and I thought for sure she was off in la la land, when the speaker said the word sacrifice. Zaidee quickly pops up and smiles, then loudly whispers in my ear... "Mom, she said sacrifice, I don't want another sacrifice, OKay!" Now I was trying not to laugh out loud and Zaidee got a big smile on her face, knowing she had made me laugh, and went back to her coloring. (If you have ever seen the movie Madagascar 2 you will understand the comment, if you have not, you should see it..one of the funniest movies I have seen in a while!)
On a more spiritual note: Trey, this past Fast Sunday came home from church, and usually the first thing on his mind is HOW MUCH LONGER TILL DINNER (I was even prepare to ask him if he needed a me to dig him a dying hole...)! This week he came home and told me how much better this fast Sunday was because of what he learned in stake conference about fasting, and how he was not even hungry. (someone talked about how fasting is more than going with out food)...So next time you think your kids are zoned out and not listening, don't give up hope... some how something might just make it through!
2 comments:
I really needed to read this post today - thank you :-)
Thanks for the encouraging stories! So cute, too!
Post a Comment