Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Broken...again

Davis is the most thoughtful kid! Most moms spent mothers day eating interesting dinners, and more interesting deserts put together lovingly by their children, then have to clean up the aftermath of all this loving care. Not my Davis! He made me a nice taco dinner and then decided, rather than me having to help clean up the mess, I needed to get out of the house for some quiet R and R... in the E.R. (actually it was urgent care but ER worked better with my R theme)

Wooden Couch legs+running wild mohicans+toes= Visits to the ER

This was not just a little toe break, but a BIG little toe break! The doctors at the Urgent Care would not even touch it, just said get him to a ER or an Ortho ASAP.

We called the Ortho the next morning (yea, we have a Ortho on speed dial) they got him in right away. They told Davis they would give him a shot to block the nerves in his foot while they reset the toe... Davis bravely refused, telling him just do it... "WHAT' are you serious? Yea, Just do it... So he did! Whoa, that was a brave boy! I just about passed out just watching it! Davis just clenched his teeth and gave a little groan.

They re-xrayed and now his toe is back where it should be. 3-6 weeks (depending on if he can stay off it, and will wear the terrible shoe) and he should be good as new.

I have pictures but I have to get them off my phone and I don't have the energy tonight... so it will have to wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I think your family may preside over the bbc :) I hope he feels better soon! See you in 9 days!!!!!!

Stevens Family- We love our family















Lo,children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalms 127:3