Friday, December 12, 2008

Na Pali Hike: Kalalau Trail

This was much more challenging than I thought it was going to be... not to mention there was not a single fence along the drop offs into the ocean! The trail was very steep in places, with wet slippery rocks. Bruce and I took turns with our death grip on Zaidee for the duration of the 4 mile hike. Zaidee was content to stay close by, as the cliffs even frightened her a little bit!
The boys were leading the way, and enjoyed resting in the shade while Bruce, Zaidee and I kept trying to keep up!

Don't look down, don't look down...oooh that is pretty... eeek!


Climbing the rock... before they got slippery and scary!

Bruce helping Z down some of the more slippery parts!

The destination, a secluded beach with 12+ foot waves. I must admit it was worth it~
(although I am not the one who had to carry Zaidee back on my back!)

No comments:

Stevens Family- We love our family















Lo,children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalms 127:3