Saturday, October 25, 2008

My little Mom!

Zaidee had been so helpful this week. Yesterday morning she announced that she was going to take over being the Mom, until I am better! She came and sat next to me in bed, brushed my hair back with her hand and asked me "Now, what can I do for you?" I smiled inside and told her it would be great if she could bring me something to drink. This is what I got! The smiling girl is my favorite part!
Zaidee has had fun taking the opportunity to be mom, by bossing the boys around! I can hear her in the hall telling them, Mom is resting you boys need to be quiet (in her best little mommy voice). I must say, I am so happy we got our little angel girl. God made us all different, but there is something he did when he made a little girl that just makes a parents heart melt. The boys are so helpful, they love to please... but this little girl, already has a mothers heart! There is nothing in the world that can buoy a spirit, heal a hurt, calm a storm like a Mother heart.

Julie B. Beck quoted Proverbs in one of my all time favorite talks, A Mother Heart: “Who can find a … woman [with a mother heart]? for her price is far above rubies. … She … worketh willingly with her hands. … With the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. … She stretcheth out her hand to the poor. … Strength and honour are her clothing. … She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness” (Prov. 31:10, 13, 16, 20, 25–27)
You can find the talk at: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=4b988fbe352fe010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

It is one I like to read whenever I start to forget how privileged I am to be a woman and a mother!

3 comments:

diane lott said...

i love you dearly...thanks for being such a great example to me... you are a very important role model in my life... you are just one step ahead of me in raising kids and i look up to you so much and think you are an amazing woman and mom. and really smart too....

Melanie Lynne said...

That Zadee is a doll!! I think daughters are wonderful, too!!

A mother heart said...

One of my favorite talks!
Such a sweet little girl you have. I hope you are feeling better!

Stevens Family- We love our family















Lo,children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalms 127:3